Thursday, July 22, 2010

What is to be in my life?

I've taken some time to think over these past two days, just basically lazing about the house in my drawers - or less - and considering life in the slow lane. Work has been taking it out of me and I needed some recoup time as well, so this has been a functional laziness, thank you. What do I really need in life? What do I really want in life? I think we so often get our needs and wants cluttered with junk, spur of the moment junk. Now, don't get me wrong, feeling good for the moment is great. Frankly, it's what gets me through my days. I just want more, and less - I don't want to have to work my life away, but I sure like to eat. So, I am just trying to figure out how to play that one. Further, I am often so concerned with "appearances". Apparantly, being happy has not hit on that topic, so I need to find some solution to all of that. When thinking on all of this today, as often happens a song starts going through my head. Sometimes it makes me laugh to realize what song it is. That was the case today, and I wanted to share it with you. Don't you all feel so lucky. Chime in as you feel....I'm open to all opinions.

2 comments:

Scottie said...

Hello Randy, glad to see this post. You should take some and recharge your battery. I know of the major effort you put out, and your Gracie is a very active friend and needs a lot of energy to keep under control. The song is cute, but the message I get from it is to be happy ,and good things will come to you. Some once said ( I don't know who ) that true happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

There are all kinds of people. Some are extravagant, some are frugal, some are laid back and others are high energy.

I am very lucky. I have a budget. Our basic needs are met. So we do have some extra money to put to "toys" and I love my toys. So I am like a kid who looks through the Christmas catalog and making lists of what he wants. Ron is like a parent figuring out what I really will use and what will go in to the closet to never be see again. I am glad he is the brake to my accelerator.

I would love to know what you figure out as for your plan. What you want out of life, what you need to make this journey one you aspire to. I am curious as to what you would add or subtract from what you currently do. And are you thinking about all three major avenues as they some times conflict, Mental, spiritual, and physical. I am not sure where in the list emotional fits in , but for me it is like very high on my need list. I feed on emotional feedback. When I do something that makes some one else glow and they thank me, I get a huge burst of energy. Each person is unique and I look forward to what you decided.
The grand thing is if you don't like your plan you can change it and it changes as your needs change.

Please keep us posted.
Many warm hugs and lot of loves,
Scottie

randy said...

Hi Scottie;

Oh how I wish I had better ideas. Currently, it seems like I am working for the sake of getting by and not towards any goal. I think that is what I am struggling with the most right now....where do I want to be? What do I want? And, really, what do I need?
I find that my mind pulls away from these questions. They're difficult. And, something tells me they have changes that my lazy nature would rather avoid. But, "rather avoiding" is what has gotten me to this lovely point.
No easy questions....no easy answers.

luv you, my friend;

randy