Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another Charity call.....denied after getting info.

Hello my friends........to the scam that never ends, I guess. I just got a call from a telemarketing firm who was pulling for a reportedly very worthy organization who helps veterans with spinal cord injuries. And, let me put emphasis where it belongs, the charity itself seems very worthy, and I will be looking to get with them in the near future more directly. But, the telemarketer, according to http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29351739.html takes 86 cents of every dollar raised. Please, look it up....don't trust my word. Don't trust anyone's. Look it up! The telemarketer who called asked me to give my credit card number for a group of cards. When I told them that they were free to send me the info and I would look the charity up, I was hung up upon. The person calling said she was calling from "Insight Services". The same as listed on jsonline? Don't know, but seems fairly likely. I guess I would rather have these people come thump me on my head and take my wallet than than use disabled veterans to bait and trap. Be honest in your theivery, 'Insight'!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Point Randy. But my elderly mother gets these calls all the time. They try so hard to badger her in to giving them a credit card. She is like you and cautious, and she always asks me to look them up. But some elderly don't have anyone to look them up or help them and they get taken for a lot of money they don't have to give. Sad we prey on each other. What can we aspire to.....

Many hugs and loves for you, you have such a great loving nature.
Scottie

randy said...

Hi Scottie;
I have decided that every time I get one of these calls I'm going to not only look them up, but tell everyone I know about them being a scam. Further, I'm going to post it here and let it be known throughout our little community so hopefully it will be spread even further.
As I think on this, I think I'm going to send off to Ann Landers and such to see if they will print warnings on occasion.
Well, I guess there will always be scammers...
Thanks. -randy.

randy said...

oops, I mean Dear Abby.....Ann Landers isn't doing so much writing anymore. -r