Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I don't think I'm being bigoted about this...

Hello friends;
I was sitting in a meeting and found myself in the very uncomfortable position of having to sit next to, well, one of them. You know how they are, all weird and ...well, I was just so very uncomfortable with the whole thing.
Things were ok for a while, there were other people in the room and we were discussing business issues and such. Hey, what are you going to do... you go to work and there they are sometimes. But then everyone left on errands for just a minute or two, left us sitting there alone. Gave me the heebies. Oh, and then he wanted to strike up conversation.... what in the world am I going to have to talk with this guy about? I don't know that I could even imagine the things he finds interesting.
Oh, for the most part, he seems like he tries to be just one of the guys, but you know it's all a put-on. I mean, sometimes, he will even drive a pick-up truck. But, he always comes in wearing a fancy shirt and tie. The nerve. And, so, ok, he's tall and lean and I guess handsome, but does he have to dress like that? Look, a work shirt and jeans is good enough for me, it should be fine for him too, shouldn't it? Well, I guess he's not one to get dirty and all. You know what that type are all about.
And I just hate going into his office. I mean does he have to have his lover's picture there right on the desk? Ok, so he owns the company and all, but still he should have to show some decorum. I mean, I guess I'm as liberal as the next guy, well mostly; I mean, couldn't there be a town or city or something just for "them" .... where I don't have to be subjected to this stuff? I mean, does he have to have pictures up? I don't want to see that.... there he is smiling in his fancy shirt with his wife and her fancy shirt. Even the kids had fancy shirts on. Damn heterosexuals.... they should just lock them up and keep them away from us normal people.
( I hope everyone who reads this understands it is a parody on prejudice and how a person in the majority may think about a person who is in a minority. I had a panic that I'd offended some people, so this addition is to put my mind and heart to rest on that concern. Also, check out this link: http://www.milkboys.org/article/queer-on-queer-hate-bingo/ )

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Parody Randy. I love the thought put into this, and I have worked with straight old men who thought this way about...us..so you were right on target. The only thing you left out is that most of them are sure we lush only for them. Good work. Hugs, Scottie

Sammy B said...

Hello Randy
Very good! I've had a story idea sloshing around in my mind since Christmas along the same lines, but haven't yet found a way to express the idea - it looks like you've beaten me to it!

Love & best wishes
Sammy B

randy said...

Hi Scottie;
Thank you so very much. I was so worried that it would not come across well, that people would read only a portion and cuss me out. I was watching some gay marriage debates and it has gone from odd curiosity to pissing me off. I am so very glad you liked this...I was very nervous.
Many hugs!!! randy.

randy said...

Hi Sammy;
I'm so glad you liked this. As I told Scottie, I was afraid it wouldn't go over well, especially since I had to keep the punch line for the last sentences. But hey! Don't let this stop your idea from being written. It sure doesn't when coming from the other direction.
Hugs to you, Sammy! -randy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy,
In the beginning I had diffculties in the real understanding. But the com. from Scotty and Sammy lighten me up.
You are rigtht about fashion, Why wear most people trendy fancy fashion - in my eyes Trendfashion is the same as a uniform. Mao wears working clothes allday even in parlament - but this was a uniform for him too. The same thing is driving SUV's - they must show their money - I can't understand.
Greetings Nikki

randy said...

Hi Nikki;
I deleted a previous comment to you...you may have seen it...I was concerned that many had not understood the story and left the site. What I found was even more concerning in that their sites were nuked.
I say, again, your take on this is great. I had not thought about the "trendfashion" - still, a great word! - and how it sends messages. That includes possessions. What a great observation!
I am adding a line to that post to salve my conscience that people may not realize it was a parody.
Thank you for your wonderful comment. -randy