Sunday, November 20, 2011

Clueless

Hello Friends;

  In times past I was once a republican.  Sorry.  I didn't understand.  But, truth be told, I still find many of my views to hold a conservative lean.  Not republican, just conservative.  Long story....

  I found an interesting site:  http://www.rightwingwatch.org/  I guess it wasn't lost, but you understand -  it's brand new to me.  I find it interesting because this site seems to focus on the real beliefs behind the G.O.P.  A great example is this one:

  Now, I have numerous thoughts for rebuttal.  For instance, we could talk about the way that the rich "job creators" have mostly created jobs in Mexico, China, India....etc.  and how many jobs are now just plain gone.  Or, we could talk about the manner in which these "job creators" are sending off jobs paying $20+ an hour and replacing them...sorry, Creating new ones that pay minimum wage.  Or, we could even simply talk about how very huge the gap is between the wealthy "job creators" and the common working man.  We could even talk about the manner in which the wealthy have swindled and cheated and driven the companies into ruin only to be offered millions to step aside and let the next have his turn at the wealth.... no accountability, no shame, no broken legs.
  Why, you ask, do I not?  Well, i think it's mostly because the common man really doesn't care.  All he wants is to be able to feed his family and put a nice roof over their heads.  We've become mostly inured to the screwing we receive from the rich, we just want to be able to live our lives.  What the rich seem to forget, is that when you take away the carrot, the horse no longer has incentive to pull your little golden wagon.  The whip, the wise cracks and brow beating quickly lose their power.  In fact, they become quite pathetic and so very demeaning as to show the speaker all the more clueless and shallow. 
  But, I think rather than speak on into infinity arguing that the classes are tired of being demoted from middle and upper middle to poor and poverty stricken, I'll let Bill say it:
 

2 comments:

Scottie said...

Good morning Randy. I think that there are shades to conservatism and liberal just as there is to sexual orientations. So to me a thing must be rated on its function, the result it causes, than on if it is on one end of the spectrum or the other. I really save my anger for the ideology of the parties, not there side of the spectrum. Because a liberal or Conservative will COMPROMISE with each other to achieve a solution that will work for both. A party, a republican or democrat will only hold to what is good for the party, not the country.

My anger is that only the very top has a say in where the car we are in is going. No one else gets a vote. The food is served first to the top and if any left over it goes to the workers on the boat. The pain is expected to be bared by the ones with the least and the top is to suffer not a bit. No change for their life style but even the old and children must suffer. It simply makes no sense to me.

I am not really a party person. I am a people person. So I look at how a issues affect people. I don't need a label, but I do need to be able to live with my views. I need to be able to look at my self in the mirror and know I did what was right because I cared about the people it affected.

But some times I do get angry because what seems so clear and right to me, seems so foreign and off the radar of the wealthy lawmakers and seeming rulers. And that feeling that I am helpless, that I have no say. That nothing I do matters to those people is what makes me angry at the 1% and the members of government.

Loves and hugs. Scottie

Anonymous said...

Hallo Randy,
The times are changing.
Previously, political opinions, which I represent, referred to as "left spinning." Nowadays the same opinion is referred to as "left-conservative".
If I lived in America, it would be difficult for me to go to the polls. For me neither of these two parties would be selected, as they do from my perspective, both "right" policy. I prefer the "multi-party system", where I can choose properly left-wing parties or Green parties.
Nikki