Thursday, March 22, 2012

Please see this site...

Hi Friends;
  I've not pushed SadCat's site for a little bit now, so I think it's time.  Please click on the pick of Billy Lucas' shoes in my side bar, or HERE, and it will link you to the site "The Price of Hate".  I've included SadCat's header bar here.  The highlighted section at the bottom really caught my attention today, had me reread some things. 

Also, please see this vid.  I can't capture it for repost here, but I have a link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsfkKzAbfhA
What struck me were the comments under the video.  People remembering being bullied, and kids being bullied - as the song say, 'for being who they are'.
The Price of Hate

The purpose of this blog is to list the children who commit suicide or are killed because of their sexual orientation, or their perceived sexual orientation. The various professional religious hate organizations out there are fond of telling everyone how they are being victimized because their religious beliefs apparently force them to hate LGBT people. But what about the rights of these children who really pay the price for their attempts to institutionalize their bigotry and hate?

That's what this admittedly depressing site is going to try to do. Remind these people that hatred does have a price. You don't get to go around proclaiming "Protect the Children!", while contributing to their deaths.

I'm talking to you FRC*, AFA*, NOM, CWA*, ADF, FOtF and so many others.
* These groups are listed as hate groups by the SPLC.

3 comments:

Scottie said...

I have not watched the video. I did go to the other site. I call it the SAD site. I have not been there for a while and was shocked how many more had been added. It strikes me the diversity of the young people who have killed them self.

What is missing from all this talk is the responsibly of the general population, the responsibly if the people of the country.

As a country this is an indictment for us all. Not gay people, not democrat's, not republican's, not people of faith or people who are atheist...it is a problem for every adult in the country. Our kids are dying. Now when we say kids are dying in car crashes we had a national campaign, new laws to keep them safe. Same with other things such as faulty cribs and such.

Never did any political figure refuse to make new laws or argue against action, because it was "saving the children"..."protecting Kids". But for the first time now they are refusing to act, trying to make the kids at fault. Stigmatizing them.

Well at this point I would expect an out cry from the populous that would shake the foundations of congress. But instead of this they are given cover...and that cover is suspect.

I as a member of the country I refuse to give anyone the cover and I refuse to accept the reasons for that cover. I refuse to just let this happen or "work it self out". So the lat question is what can I do to help.

I don't know any young people. I did and I rescued the one I knew as best I could. He is now my son and lives with us. I can use my blog, and your blog and my voice at work, and my every day life as an example, and as a statement. That is what we all can do.

Hugs and loves. Scottie

randy said...

Hi Scottie;
When I was going to school, I hated it. I always felt a step behind. I was immature and lost most of my school days. I got teased a bit by the older kids and the popular kids, but after stretching one across a drill press in shop class I sort of got left alone.
I wonder what I would have done if I'd faced that type of abuse? If my life, at 13, 14, etc., was so horrible that I'd rather end it so young knowing that there is so much more ahead but simple can't face another day?
I'm getting more and more angry at some of these politicians and preachers who seek political and popular points out of the little ones suffering.
On the radio I hear these messages about "safe zones". These are business where the staff is prepared for a kid to come in asking for help. There is a fast response from a local shelter. What I can't hep but to wonder... is the school considered a "safe zone"?
Some say that it's coddling to keep a kid from such teasing as is "natural" in schools. They say we are raising a bunch of wimps. You show me someone who can take physical and verbal abuse on a daily basis and I show you one tough kid. But, it's not the skin deep stuff that gets them. It's not the scars so visible that ache so much. It's being called worthless, freak, monster and worse that cut so deep. Like burrowing worms, they get covered over with attitude and false smiles, whatever will work, until at one point the little worms generated by such hate reach so far as to destroy that which is in the core.
Ah... I'm going to end up writing a book. I feel powerless and afraid that one day it won't be a story in the news that I read about... some stranger. It will be my neighbor, my nephew/niece. That is frightening.

hugs and love;
randy.

Scottie said...

But Randy, don't you see, your not powerless. You are a great help! Randy you talk about it, you post about it, you get the word out there, you help deliver the message.

We don't have to accept what is happening. Not one of us alone can change it, but all of us together are unstoppable. Thanks for all you have done. I know it is appreciated by those who need to hear what you have said. Hugs, Scottie