Saturday, July 21, 2012

And the lead story on the 6:00 news....

Hello Friends;

  Today I had the opportunity to be at another adoption event for one of the local dog/cat rescue organizations, where I was viciously attacked by a dog of a customer to the store where we were set up!!!
  I had just taken one of the rescue dogs from the foster parent's car.... he was full of energy and so very, very happy to be there.  When out of no-where, amidst the noise and fury of a furry four pound fuzz ball and the panicked screaming of the little girl still holding an empty leash, I was caught up in a mad scramble of one attacking dog and another dog totally confused by this squeaking dervish snapping at anything in reach. 
  Taking the high road, literally, I snapped up the large dog to shoulder height as we both stared down at this maniacal miniature dust mop in awe as he attempted to unhinge his jaw enough to actually bite me in the calf.  A vicious attack carried out in the most cruel manner while an elderly woman and little girl looked on in horrified disbelief.   Thankfully I was clothed in the latest personal protection gear - worn out denim jeans - thereby halting the crazed canine's canines before I could lose such an important limb.
  In moments, a mad dash was under way as little girl, her mother, and vicious dog all piled into a rusting minivan and escaped into the mid-day sun.  The attack witnesses,  numerous pet rescue volunteers and store customers, stood in awe - no less awe than I and the dog still riding on my shoulders, as that rusty minivan disappeared into the wavering heat, dust and traffic... a defiant and  psychopathic snarl drifting back to us in the summer breeze.
  My new four legged friend and I made our way to the others with a shared shrug.  Concerned citizens everywhere stopped to be sure we had survived the ordeal, and I assured them it was a close call but we were yet whole.

  I am yet awaiting the call from my congressman that legislation has been enacted to be sure such outragious attacks never occur again.  He surely will have a news conference soon....


glad to be alive;
randy


(Oh, I have GOT to stop writing my blog posts after watching the news!   hugs.)

2 comments:

Scottie said...

LOL oh my gods, I love this. Randy your hero status is secure, in that you shouldered the bigger dog on your person while offering your own body up in sacrifice to the trembling terror of "tiny dog attitude". Surely they will sing songs ( barks and loud woofs ) among the rescue animals of their human who placed his very clothing at piercing peril from such a gnawing.

On a side note, you almost drove James over the edge last night. After telling him you had suffered a dog attack, he was beside himself until I went to your post here and reassured him you were OK. Shaken up but not bloodied. LOL. Many Hugs

randy said...

Hi Scottie;
I had an evening of news yesterday, then followed by "Futurama". The scary thing; I soon lost track of what was over-the-top animated show and over-the-top news show. Well, this adjective rich story was the result. Please give James my apologies for the tease.
hugs;